It seems that in our wallets credit cards begin to abound. In fact, the latter gain ground to debit and if you believed that women were the main users of this kind of metallic money, you are wrong from pe to pa, because men have resorted more to them as a means of financing, at least In this last year.
This conclusion – and many more that we will address later – has reached a survey conducted by the Target Empirical marketing agency. Specifically, this study reveals that 68.29% of respondents say they have at least one credit card. While 55.25% has a debit card. That is to say, this form of deferred payment returns to gain presence after the crisis because –definitely– it seems that it has passed into a better life.
The bank reaches its record of credit cards in a decade
The truth is that there are good times for the bank since in the last year it has issued 4.59 million new cards in the pocket of the Spaniards. Currently we can talk about 74.51 million cards, which is the largest year-on-year increase in a decade.
And what has encouraged the hiring of new credit cards? Well, apparently three factors have influenced this strong recovery. Do we see them?
What is the reason that motivates us to hire new credit cards?
- On the one hand, the increase in commissions for withdrawing money from the cashier when we are not clients of that entity.
- Obviously there has been a rebound in consumption and this causes us to worry about providing us with new means of payment, in addition to the fact that the entities have been encouraged to finance the credit.
- The technological revolution where we can pay with our mobile to the smallest detail.
Spaniards use credit cards less than our European neighbors
However, and although its use is growing, we Spaniards are less prone to plastic money than our European neighbors. Thus, in the United Kingdom or France, up to three times more cards are used than cash to pay.
The truth is that experts say that the payment in cash is more ‘insecure and expensive’; some disadvantages that, apparently, do not concur in the credit or debit cards. We will analyze this statement in more detail.
Is it safer to pay by card?
This statement is not new, but perhaps few have seriously examined the reasons that have led the experts to this conclusion. Do we see them?
- We will always obtain proof of that payment and, therefore, we can prove that it has been made in case of dispute with an employer.
- It allows us to know what we spend the money on and thus control the expense.
- In case of theft, we are covered by the fraud protection insurance offered by credit card companies. In addition, it does not happen as with the cash that, in case the portfolio is stolen, it is very difficult for us to recover it.
- Its use also usually has certain advantages associated with discounts in stores, gas stations or a small percentage refund on all our payments.
Another important benefit that credit cards usually report to us is that, as its name indicates, it gives us the possibility of accessing a credit quickly in those specific moments when we are in need of liquidity.
Is a personal loan or a credit card better?
Another question we usually ask ourselves is whether it is more convenient to go for a personal loan or credit card. Not surprisingly, we are facing a recurring question whose answer is not always clear because it will depend on our personal circumstances. Thus, for those who doubt and who do not know very well what ‘financial path’ they have to take, we will study the main strengths and weaknesses of each of these options.
Do not forget that in our comparator of credit cards and personal loans we are at the end of both possibilities and we can speak with knowledge of the cause of both. In this way, you should know that for a timely payment such as an unexpected purchase it may be more advisable to opt for the credit card option if, in addition, the payroll is imminent.
On the other hand , if we are talking about the acquisition of a good of a greater value, or we are facing a more delicate economic moment, or our accounts have been unbalanced by a series of expenses incurred, in our online loan comparator we consider it more successful to request a personal loan
Keep in mind that with this option you will not be burdened awaiting the charge of your card.